Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What to Bring Back? or How to Act?

When I ask people what to bring back from Russia, I have only heard Russian brides or Vodka. And I'm sure if it was legal, or easy, to bring back some high-quality Russian drugs, someone would ask for those. Incidentally, Brian has volunteered to be a "mule" for anyone wiling to pay his bail or chopper him out of a Siberian prison if it doesn't go down as planned; he mentioned something about a "cavity" but I'm not inquiring into that any further. But I ask you, whatever happened to the good old shot glass or t-shirt as a souvenir?

Incidentally, I'm wondering about the etiquette for attending the Russian Ballet. As Brian and I are there with two couples, I'm wondering if we should leave a gay-seat between us for Tchaikovsky. With the latest news out of Russia on this issue, I'm suggesting Brian leave his rainbow shirts at home and go with the one with "Cari's Dude" printed on it above her airbrushed picture.

The countdown has started and the backpack is almost ready. Here is to hoping for better in-flight movies than Coach Carter ... three times like last year ... and that Brian finds that Gas-X Extreme before we get on the plane.

- Dave



(Disclaimer: Any allusions to my travel partner, the great sport and great guy that he is, as a drug mule or gay monger are purely for entertainment purposes. The gas part, however, is entirely true.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home